Partnership Accountant Ft. Lauderdale
This position provides comprehensive financial reporting on multiple Real Estate partnerships. The position reports to the Senior Accountant who is responsible for final review and analysis of all work produced.Learn more or Apply
- Responsible for all aspects of Property Management Accounting including processing daily cash receipts, generating monthly tenant charges and statements, generating management fee billings, abstracting leases and tenant set up in Timberline, MRI and Yardi systems, yearend CAM reconciliations, and regular communication with Property Managers regarding tenant issues.
- Responsible for assisting with budgeting process in Kardin.
- Responsible for preparing and filing monthly sales tax returns.
- Responsible for preparing tangible personal property tax returns.
- Month end responsibilities include reviewing trial balance and budget variance, processing all journal entries, bank reconciliations, generating monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for weekly review of invoice coding from Property Management and Development. Review and code all owners' expense invoices. Weekly review of accounts payable and responsible for invoice payment selection.
- Monthly preparation of draw requests to lenders and review of job cost variance reporting. Communicate regularly with Development and Construction departments.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of all partnership accounting records.
- Track and record fixed assets and depreciation
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelor's degree from a college or university or three to five years related experience.
- Minimum Experience: Must have thorough knowledge of accounting practices and principles, and Property Management/ Construction/Development accounting experience necessary.
- Reference ID: Part Acct
Stiles Architectural Group
VP of Architecture Ft. Lauderdale
To carry out specific administrative duties along with assisting the President in daily office and personnel activities. Perform the duties of the Senior Associate and President in his absence.Learn more or Apply
- Perform essential architectural project management duties.
- As an officer in the corporation, signing and sealing of documents provided by the Division is required.
- Hands on planning and design of key projects.
- Review and approval of supervised Architects designs and construction documents.
- Assists President in administrative activities of the business unit from strategic planning and budgeting, to personnel issues.
- Review all architectural contracts and construction documents for completeness and code compliance.
- Authorize and execute all consultant contracts necessary for the performance of the responsibilities defined in the architectural agreements.
- Assisting in developing and presenting training seminars for Division employees.
- Attend Stiles Management meetings when President is not available.
- Community involvement on behalf of Stiles Corporation.
- Conduct meetings and/or presentations with Clients, Governmental Agencies and personnel from other Corporate Divisions.
- Strong knowledge of Florida codes; zoning, building, life safety, ADA, etc.
- Assists President in managing all employees of the Division.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees and terminations as well as planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Must be a registered Architect in the State of Florida. Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) or Masters of Architecture (M. Arch).
- Minimum Experience: 10 years professional commercial experience; understanding of construction methodologies, detail and structural systems.
- Reference ID: VP - Arch
Stiles Property Management
Administrative Assistant Miami
Provides assistance to the Property Manager and in all administrative aspects of building management including A/P, A/R, typing, filing, telephone coverage, report completion and projects as assigned. Serves as liaison between property, regional and corporate office, vendors and tenants.Learn more or Apply
- Answer all incoming telephone lines.
- Determine urgency and respond to all inquiries/requests promptly. Prepare work order requests and dispatch promptly. Track completion and follow-up on open work order requests daily and report findings of any chronic unresolved service requests to Property Manager.
- Greet office visitors in a friendly and professional manner, offer visitors refreshments, and maintain receptionist desk, reception area, kitchen, copy room and conference room in a neat and organized manner.
- Open and stamp all incoming mail and distribute accordingly daily. Handle all outgoing mail.
- Coordinate maintenance service for all office equipment, order and maintain office supply inventory, and maintain postage meter.
- Initiate tenant notifications of all building activities, initiate security notifications of events requiring security assistance.
- Coordinate tenant parties and Christmas decorations.
- Order tenant signage, update web directory.
- Prepare monthly tenant invoices to include credits, write-offs, and miscellaneous billings (i.e., electrical, OT HVAC, building services, late fees, etc.) and forward copies of all invoices to Accountant in charge of property promptly.
- Code all incoming invoices timely and submit to Assistant Property Manager for processing.
- Ensure all tenant and vendor certificate of insurance are updated and filed in accordance with the Stiles Management standards. Utilize a tickler system to maintain and record certificates. Send reminder letters and make phone calls as necessary and update expiration dates in Vendor Insurance Spreadsheet.
- Provide assistance to the Property Manager in preparation of budget and business plan as necessary.
- Maintain property management filing system, lease files, a/p files, construction files, vendor contract files in a current and organized fashion.
- Maintain the Building Access Card System data base in a current and organized fashion. All access card activation's, deactivation's or changes need to be completed on a daily basis. Create an invoice for every new card that is issued and provide the parking vendor with a copy of all access card invoices to enable them to track all monies due. Update the Access Card List as needed and submit updated copies to the security guards and to the garage cashiers.
- In general, perform administrative duties as required for the Property Manager.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Property Manager, Senior Engineer and Regional or Corporate offices.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Associates Degree
- Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Reference ID: Admin - Tri rail