Commercial Office Development
Development Manager Ft. Lauderdale
Assist with the planning, analyzing and coordination of the development of multiple or complex commercial real estate projects in order to optimize the allocation of resources and ensure maximum economic return to the Company, Owners and Investors.Learn more or Apply
- Assist in the negotiation of land purchase (or sale) agreements, leases and Partnership Agreements.
- Assist with the coordination and review all due diligence related items including: boundary surveys, plat reviews, soil boring and environmental, engineering existing Restrictive Covenants and Association Documents.
- Assist, research site entitlements, regulatory requirements and coordinate implementation into the project.
- Assist in calculating the cost of governmental review, permit and impact fees for inclusion in the project budget.
- Assist coordination of construction of site and project through a final Certificate of Occupancy for the project.
- Assist with the preparation of the Project Budget, Project Schedule, complex feasibility analysis including financial underwriting, rate of return, risk evaluation and establishing partnership goals.
- Assist with facilitation of construction pricing from ballpark through hard bids.
- Assist with the preparation and management of the timeline for governmental approvals and sequencing of events from entitling, initial site plan submittal, obtaining building permit to obtaining Certificate of Occupancy.
- Represent the Owner, to governmental regulatory bodies, through the approval process to the Development Review Committee "DRC", Community Appearance Board, Planning and Zoning Board "P & Z", and Commission hearings.
- Coordinate obtaining all miscellaneous regulatory permits as may be required for the project.
- Coordinate all the professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents for issuance of building permit.
- Assist the ownership in negotiating contracts with all other professionals, (civil engineer, architect, and landscape architect) contractor and subcontractor and administer the Contract for Construction, in conjunction with the project architect in an effort to design the project in the most cost effective quality manner that delivers the goals of the ownership with the site research, plan preparation, and in conjunction with submission of site plan approval.
- Assist with the coordination of all the professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents for any necessary revisions.
- Assist with the coordination of all team members (Architecture, Construction, Leasing/Marketing, Property Management and Asset Management, Tenant Improvement) coordination to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Review and process all monthly requisition for payment.
- Assist with partnership reporting including monthly progress and variance reports.
- Assist with the coordination of required insurance coverage (Builders Risk).
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Four year college degree; MSRE preferred, or equivalent with zero to three years experience.
- Minimum Experience:
- Reference ID: DM I
Stiles Residential Group
Senior Development Manager - Mixed Use Nashville
Plan, analyze and coordinate the development of complex mixed-use multifamily residential, office and retail real estate projects in order to optimize the allocation of resources and ensure maximum economic return to the Company, Owners and Investors.Learn more or Apply
- Facilitate the negotiation of land purchase (or sale) agreements, ground or property leases and any governmental agreements.
- Coordinate and review all due diligence related items including but not limited to boundary surveys and title, zoning/land use and governmental-related matters, geotechnical and environmental reports, Restrictive Covenants and Association Documents.
- Assist with the visioning and programming of product type, target market, design and feasibility.
- Research and comprehend site entitlements, regulatory requirements and coordinate implementation into the project.
- Prepare project budget and project schedule, including detailed costs and return financial feasibility analysis.
- Represent the Owner through all governmental approval processes.
- Prepare and manage the project timeline including governmental approvals and sequencing of events from initial site plan submittal to obtaining all entitlements, submitting for and obtaining building permits and obtaining Certificate(s) of Occupancy.
- Coordinate all professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents necessary for obtaining project-related governmental approvals.
- In conjunction with the Owner's Construction Manager, facilitate construction pricing from ballpark estimates through hard bids.
- Coordinate construction of the project through a final Certificate of Occupancy including close out to turn over to Asset Management team.
- Represent the ownership in negotiating and administering contracts with all third-party professionals and contractors, including but not limited to architects, engineers, attorneys, and General Contractor in an effort to design the project in the most cost-effective, quality manner that achieves Ownership's goals.
- Coordinate all team members (Architecture/Engineering, Construction, Leasing, Property Management and Asset Management) to ensure timely delivery of project in accordance with project pro forma/project budget.
- Review and process all monthly requisitions for payment.
- Prepare monthly partnership reports including monthly progress and variance reports in coordination with accounting department.
- Perform research on general commercial real estate matters and monitors trends within the industry and municipality.
Position may require the direct supervision of one or more managers and administrative staff, in addition to overseeing numerous third-party consultants and contractors engaged on the project. Supervision entails the planning, assignment, direction, monitoring and evaluation of work assignments and product and quality.
Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Project and Word.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong leadership, collaboration and coordination skills, as well as the ability to work and thrive in a team environment. Organizational skills and system to track and execute project-related tasks and processes on large projects is critical. Strong analytical skills preferred.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Four-year college degree; MSRE or equivalent degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in administering progressively larger, more complex projects including mid- and/or high-rise multifamily residential and/or office development.
- Reference ID: Sr DM - TN