Partnership Accountant Ft. Lauderdale
This position provides comprehensive financial reporting on multiple Real Estate partnerships. The position reports to the Senior Accountant who is responsible for final review and analysis of all work produced.Learn more or Apply
- Responsible for all aspects of Property Management Accounting including processing daily cash receipts, generating monthly tenant charges and statements, generating management fee billings, abstracting leases and tenant set up in Timberline, MRI and Yardi systems, yearend CAM reconciliations, and regular communication with Property Managers regarding tenant issues.
- Responsible for assisting with budgeting process in Kardin.
- Responsible for preparing and filing monthly sales tax returns.
- Responsible for preparing tangible personal property tax returns.
- Month end responsibilities include reviewing trial balance and budget variance, processing all journal entries, bank reconciliations, generating monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for weekly review of invoice coding from Property Management and Development. Review and code all owners' expense invoices. Weekly review of accounts payable and responsible for invoice payment selection.
- Monthly preparation of draw requests to lenders and review of job cost variance reporting. Communicate regularly with Development and Construction departments.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of all partnership accounting records.
- Track and record fixed assets and depreciation
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelor's degree from a college or university or three to five years related experience.
- Minimum Experience: Must have thorough knowledge of accounting practices and principles, and Property Management/ Construction/Development accounting experience necessary.
- Reference ID: Part Acct
AP Specialist Ft. Lauderdale
The purpose of this position is to process vendor invoices on a timely basis for goods and services provided and to maintain records in accordance with established accounting practices.Learn more or Apply
- Review of general ledger account numbers and job and phase numbers where applicable.
- Input of data into the accounts payable processing system on a timely basis.
- Generate and distribute checks to applicable vendors.
Generate and distribute period end accounts payable reports.
- Generate annual 1099s and 1098s.
Conduct research and filing as needed.
- Have the ability to accurately read vendor invoices, communicate effectively with internal associates, and possess good phone and writing skills to communicate with vendors when needed.
- Generate and distribute checks to obtain appropriate signaut4res in accordance with particular partnership's policies and procedures.
There may be additional functions assigned to accounts payable personnel who demonstrate the ability to expand their area of expertise and responsibility.
Should possess good computer skills and have the ability to calculate including adding, subtracting, dividing, percentages, averaging, and formulating equations. Familiarity with Excel helpful, but not necessary and knowledge of ten key adding machine/calculator required.
Must possess the ability to accurately read vendor invoices, communicate effectively with internal associates, customers, and possess good phone and writing skills.
- Type: Full-time
- Minimum Experience: One to two years' experience in a similar business environment with mandatory experience required on automated accounts payable system and two to three years experience for any specialized area. Should command good computer skills and have the ability to calculate.
- Reference ID: AP Specialist