Partnership Accountant Ft. Lauderdale
This position provides comprehensive financial reporting on multiple Real Estate partnerships. The position reports to the Senior Accountant who is responsible for final review and analysis of all work produced.Learn more or Apply
- Responsible for all aspects of Property Management Accounting including processing daily cash receipts, generating monthly tenant charges and statements, generating management fee billings, abstracting leases and tenant set up in Timberline, MRI and Yardi systems, yearend CAM reconciliations, and regular communication with Property Managers regarding tenant issues.
- Responsible for assisting with budgeting process in Kardin.
- Responsible for preparing and filing monthly sales tax returns.
- Responsible for preparing tangible personal property tax returns.
- Month end responsibilities include reviewing trial balance and budget variance, processing all journal entries, bank reconciliations, generating monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for weekly review of invoice coding from Property Management and Development. Review and code all owners' expense invoices. Weekly review of accounts payable and responsible for invoice payment selection.
- Monthly preparation of draw requests to lenders and review of job cost variance reporting. Communicate regularly with Development and Construction departments.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of all partnership accounting records.
- Track and record fixed assets and depreciation
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelor's degree from a college or university or three to five years related experience.
- Minimum Experience: Must have thorough knowledge of accounting practices and principles, and Property Management/ Construction/Development accounting experience necessary.
- Reference ID: Part Acct
Accounting Specialist Ft. Lauderdale
The purpose of this position is to process vendor invoices on a timely basis for goods and services provided and to maintain records in accordance with established accounting practices.Learn more or Apply
- Review of general ledger account numbers and job and phase numbers where applicable.
- Input of data into the accounts payable processing system on a timely basis.
- Generate and distribute checks to applicable vendors.
Generate and distribute period end accounts payable reports.
- Generate annual 1099s and 1098s.
Conduct research and filing as needed.
- Have the ability to prepare and utilize excel spreadsheets, accurately read vendor invoices, communicate effectively with internal associates, and possess good phone and writing skills to communicate with vendors when needed.
- Generate and distribute checks to obtain appropriate signatures in accordance with particular partnership's policies and procedures.
There may be additional functions assigned to accounts payable personnel who demonstrate the ability to expand their area of expertise and responsibility.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: High school diploma or greater.
- Minimum Experience: One to two years' experience in a similar business environment with experience required on automated accounts payable system and two to three years experience for any specialized area. Should command good computer skills and have the ability to calculate.
- Reference ID: Acctg Spec
Senior Corporate Financial Accountant Ft. Lauderdale
This position supervises and reviews the process of timely, comprehensive financial reporting and analysis to both internal and external customers in accordance with established accounting practices and procedures.Learn more or Apply
- Insure timely and accurate recording, processing and review of financial information for Construction, Architecture and overall Corporate organization. In charge of work in progress and job cost reports.
- Schedule and coordinate the processing of information to enable staff to successfully maintain the timely processing of a multitude of invoices, documents and other pertinent data.
- Manage and allocate multiple types of insurance to divisions of the Corporation.
- In charge of managing and producing quarterly financial statement packages for internal and external use including all documentation and footnotes.
- Participate in preparation and analysis of annual construction project budget and subsequent updates. In charge of the Corporate annual budget.
- Oversee and directs the auditing of accounting and financial data of the Corporation to comply with GAAP.
- Manage and maintain the fixed assets and depreciation records.
- Prepares tangible tax returns.
- Completes special projects for Corporation, Construction and assist Controller as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge of job cost/construction/WIP is preferred. Experience with Corporate, multi-divisional and inter-company, joint venture partnerships, job cost and property management accounting is plus. Must possess acceptable computer skills in current applications. Must relate well to people and be able to train a wide range of users.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Experience: 5-7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Reference ID: SenCorFinAcct