Stiles Architectural Group
Architectural CAD/Revit Assistant Ft. Lauderdale
AutoCAD/Revit Operator who is able to perform all phases of architectural design under direction of the Project Architect, with the ability to make decisions, think independently, and work well as a supporting member of a team.Learn more or Apply
- Assist Project Manager in coordination and production of architectural drawings from space planning to construction documents
- Prepare computer-generated drawings from Project Manager's designs and information.
- Performs miscellaneous architectural related duties (field inspections, as-built surveys, etc.)
- Electronic Project File Management within established guidelines
- Ability to meet scheduled dates established by the Project Manager
- Ability to develop construction documents for commercial projects which include the following tasks:
- Dimension floor plans, site plan elevations properly
- Ability to follow CAD standards
- Understanding drawing composition and adhere to architectural sheet guidelines
- Transfer details/sections from one project to next
- Numbering of doors and adding to door schedule
- Develop restroom elevations
- Develop cabinetry section and elevations
- Accurately picking up red marks and checking own work for accuracy and spelling
- Ability to organize CADD files, PDF documents, and related consultant files by discipline and project phases
- Knowledge of XREFS and file linking in AutoCAD Architecture and Revit Architecture
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to operate computer utilizing AutoCAD Architecture & Revit Architecture software.
Capability to understand basic construction methodologies and systems.
BIM/Revit/ COBie knowledge a plus.
Ability to decipher all applicable Codes as well as a wide range of technical and practical problems. Must have organizational skills to handle a multitude of projects and rapid changes among projects.
Ability to communicate ideas via graphic presentations, verbally and in written form is essential.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction documents; ability to effectively converse with others on construction industry terminology and issues.
Other Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture 2015 or greater & Revit Architecture 2015 or greater. Knowledge in ArchiCAD not applicable.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Experience: Three (3) years minimum experience using AutoCAD & Two (2) years minimum experience using Revit as well as working knowledge of construction documents. Revit Architecture or Autocad Architecture Certified User preferred. Familiarity with The National BIM Standard and AIA CAD Standards preferred.
- Reference ID: Arch Proj Asst
Project Architect Ft. Lauderdale
To provide architectural services ranging from preliminary design through construction administration for multiple projects at one time. Representation of Stiles Architectural Group through contact with clients, outside business units and municipalities. Oversee production of work from in-house Project Assistants and coordinate with outside consultants.Learn more or Apply
- Develop programming and design concepts varying in complexity (ie site planning, building design and interior space planning).
- Development and preparation of construction documents by self-development and direction and supervision of Project Assistants, and coordination of Consulting Engineers related work and drawings.
- Provide construction administration services including field inspection, drawing clarification, shop drawing review and product approval, permitting issues and coordination of issues between consultants.
- Administration of individual project; preparation of financial budgets, contract development and negotiations with client, contracting with consultants, approval of accounts payables.
- Conduct meetings and/or presentations with clients, Governmental agencies and personnel from other corporate divisions.
- Good working knowledge of Florida codes; zoning, building, life safety, etc.
Supervises production of construction documents via Project Assistants and Administrative Assistants.
Strong understanding of architectural design, development of Construction Documents and Construction Administration.
AutoCAD Release 2014 (minimum) is preferred. BIM/Revit experience desired.
Must understand construction methodologies and systems and have a basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems in a building.
Ability to combine principles of logic and technical thinking with design practices. Knowledge of building component inter-relationships on a detailed and broad level is required. Problem solving ability and organization is crucial.
Ability to communicate ideas via graphic presentations, verbally and in written form to clients is essential. Must be personable, presentable and professional.
Ability to apply creative, insightful though to create designs which are of high quality not only in technical compliance with design guidelines and building codes, but also creatively effective in accomplishing the goals of the Owner and/or tenants.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Professional degree in Architecture (BS, B. Arch, M. Arch)
- Minimum Experience: 10 years professional commercial experience; understanding of construction methodologies, detail and structural systems. Preferred Architectural License (State of Florida registration).
- Reference ID: Proj Arch