Stiles Residential Group
Construction Manager Ft. Lauderdale
Supports Vice President (VP) of Development and Development Manager with the construction- related aspects of multifamily residential and mixed-use projects by working closely with design professionals and general contractors, and monitoring constructionLearn more or Apply
- Assist VP and Development Manager in coordination and direction of various consultants (architects, interior designers, MEP, structural and civil engineers, specialty consultants) during the production of design development drawings and construction documents.
- Ensures that consultants (designers and architects) are meeting targeted deadlines and budgetary objectives.
- Verify all drawing revisions are properly tracked, transmitted and incorporated into the project.
- Track all RFIs on the project to ensure timely responses are made and are consistent with Owner's schedule, budget and project objectives.
- Challenge design and construction assumptions to add greater value to projects.
- Advise VP on construction cost related line items within the overall project budget.
- Help establish construction budgets during the initial feasibility study of a proposed project.
- Represent ownership in decision making pertaining to construction-related issues as directed by the VP or Development Manager.
- Track and administer all change orders for the project for VP approval.
- Review and evaluate the project schedule using Microsoft Project software and monitor all changes documenting causes in the event of delay.
- Coordinate with the General Contractor to integrate schedules, commercial tenant leases on mixed use developments, A&E plans, and budgets.
- Challenge construction budgets, means and methods, and schedule to value engineer the project based upon the goal of "adding value" to the project overall.
- Maintain database of construction costs for projects under construction or completed in the local market.
- Assist VP and/or Development Manager in obtaining all local, state, and federal permits, master permits and licenses needed to complete the project.
- Serve as Owner's liaison with utility companies serving the project including municipal engineering and utility departments.
- Review all pay requisitions for the project for VP or Development Manager approval.
- Identify new products that are more cost-effective or innovative.
- Develop and/or facilitate national relationships with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Communicate all potential cost overruns to VP and makes change recommendations to help compensate for increased costs.
- Responsible for meeting budget and design schedule.
- Report weekly to President/Vice President on status of project against stated schedule and goals, and identify critical issues.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelors Degree, preferably in Construction Management or Architecture.
- Minimum Experience: 7 to 10 years experience working for a residential or multi-family general contractor, construction manager or developer.
- Reference ID: Const Mgr