Stiles Retail Group
Development Manager Carolinas
Plan, analyze and coordinate the development of multiple or complex commercial real estate projects in order to optimize the allocation of resources and ensure maximum economic return to the Company, Owners and Investors. Need to be proactive and detail oriented along with the ability to lead diverse teams of professionals.Learn more or Apply
- Assist in the negotiation of land purchase (or sale) agreements, leases and Partnership Agreements.
- Coordinate and review all due diligence related items including: boundary surveys, plat reviews, soil boring and environmental reports, construction documents as well as existing Rezoning Conditions, Restrictive Covenants, and Association Documents.
- Research and comprehend site entitlements, regulatory requirements and coordinate implementation into the project.
- Calculate the cost of governmental review, permit and impact fees for inclusion in the project budget.
- Coordinate construction of the project (sitework, offsite roadwork. landscape/hardscape, site lighting and all vertical) through a final Certificate of Occupancy for the project including close out to turn over to the Asset Manager in Stiles Financial Services.
- Prepare Project Budget, Project Schedule, complex feasibility analysis including financial underwriting, and rate of return, risk evaluation and establishing partnership goals.
- Facilitate construction pricing from ballpark through hard bids.
- Prepare and manage the timeline of governmental approvals and sequencing of events from entitling, initial site plan submittal, obtaining building permit to obtaining Certificate of Occupancy.
- Represent the Owner, including governmental regulatory bodies, through the approval process to the Development Review Committee "DRC", Community Appearance Board, Planning and Zoning Board "P & Z", and City Council and/or County Commission hearings.
- Coordinate obtaining all miscellaneous regulatory permits as may be required for the project.
- Coordinate all the professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents for issuance of building permit.
- Represent the ownership in negotiating contracts with all other professionals, (civil engineer, architect, and landscape architect) contractor and subcontractor and administer the Contract for Construction, in conjunction with the project architect in an effort to design the project in the most cost effective quality manner that delivers the goals of the ownership with the site research, plan preparation, and in conjunction with submission of site plan approval.
- Develop and maintain relationships with consultants, contractors, vendors, clients and partners.
- Coordinate all the professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents for any necessary revisions.
- Coordinate all team members (Architecture, Construction, Leasing/Marketing, Property Management and Asset Management, Tenant Improvement) to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Assist the SVP of Development with construction and permanent loan closings.
- Review and coordinate all monthly construction loan (or equity) draws with Stiles Accounting Dept.
- Facilitate partnership reporting including monthly progress and variance reports.
- Obtain required insurance coverage (Builders Risk) as well as verify and/or obtain proof of required insurance of consultants, contractors and tenants performing work on the project.
- Assigns, directs, coordinates and analyzes the work of subordinate personnel.
- Performs research on general commercial real estate matters and stays current on monitoring trends within the industry and municipalities that they are developing in.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Four year college degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture.
- Minimum Experience: Four year college degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or similar with a minimum of 5 years of experience in administering progressively larger, more complex commercial projects including retail, grocery and office product types.
- Reference ID: DM II - NC