Accounts Payable Specialist Ft. Lauderdale
This position is responsible for payments of goods/services as necessary for Stiles Construction Company.Learn more or Apply
- Review and process invoices and subcontractors requisitions for payment for the Construction division.
- Review and process overhead invoices and expense reimbursement requests for the Construction division.
- Become cross trained with the duties of the other accounts payable bookkeepers to include, but not limited to processing check runs, producing 1098s and 1099s, and posting contracts, change orders and estimates.
- Functions associated with mail room responsibilities including receiving and sorting incoming USPS mail, Fed-Ex, UPS, and other deliveries and posting outgoing mail.
- Scanning all incoming invoices, sub-requisitions, and back up documentation into the electronic invoice approval and image capturing system.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Completion of high school education (or equivalent) required.
- Minimum Experience: 1-3 years experience, preferably in Construction environment.
- Reference ID: AP Specialist
Commercial Office Development
Senior Development Manager Ft. Lauderdale
Plan, analyze and coordinate the development of multiple or complex commercial office real estate projects to optimize the allocation of resources and ensure maximum economic return to the Company, Owners, and Investors. Need to be proactive and detail oriented along with the ability to lead diverse teams of professionals.Learn more or Apply
- Assist or facilitate the negotiation of land purchase (or sale) agreements, leases, and Partnership Agreements.
- Coordinate and review all due diligence related items including but not limited to: ALTA surveys, title reports, plat reviews, soil boring and environmental reports, construction documents as well as existing Rezoning Conditions, Restrictive Covenants, and Association Documents.
- Research and comprehend site entitlements, regulatory requirements and coordinate implementation into the project.
- Calculate the cost of governmental review, permit and impact fees for inclusion in the project budget.
- Coordinate construction of the project (sitework, offsite roadwork. landscape/hardscape, site lighting and all vertical) through a final Certificate of Occupancy for the project including close out to turnover
- Prepare Project Budget and Proforma, Project Schedule, complex feasibility analysis including financial underwriting, and rate of return, risk evaluation and implementing partnership goals.
- Facilitate construction pricing from ballpark through hard bids.
- Prepare and manage the timeline of governmental approvals and sequencing of events from entitling, initial site plan submittal, obtaining building permit to obtaining Certificate of Occupancy.
- Represent the Owner, including governmental regulatory bodies, through the approval process to the Development Review Committee "DRC", Community Appearance Board, Planning and Zoning Board "P & Z", and City Council and/or County Commission hearings.
- Coordinate obtaining all miscellaneous regulatory permits as may be required for the project.
- Coordinate all the professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents for issuance of building permit.
- Represent the ownership in negotiating contracts with all other professionals, (civil engineer, architect, and landscape architect) contractor and subcontractor and administer the Contract for Construction, in conjunction with the project architect in an effort to design the project in the most cost effective quality manner that delivers the goals of the ownership with the site research, plan preparation, and in conjunction with submission of site plan approval.
- Develop and maintain relationships with consultants, contractors, vendors, clients and partners.
- Coordinate all the professionals with respect to the submission of all plans and documents for any necessary revisions.
- Coordinate with all team members (Architecture, Construction, Leasing/Marketing, Property Management and Asset Management, Tenant Improvement) to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Assist with construction and permanent loan closings.
- Review and coordinate all monthly construction loan (or equity) draws with Stiles Accounting Dept.
- Facilitate partnership reporting including monthly progress and variance reports.
- Obtain required insurance coverage (Builders Risk) as well as verify and/or obtain proof of required insurance of consultants, contractors and tenants performing work on the project.
- Performs research on general commercial real estate matters and stays current on monitoring trends within the industry and municipalities that they are developing in.
Supervision entails the planning, assignment, direction and evaluation of work assignments and product and quality.
Proficient skills of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Project. Basic knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Experience generating and working with proformas.
- Ability to provide clear direction to all project team members, adapt to change, and build consensus in a team environment to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Four year college degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Business or Real Estate
- Minimum Experience: 5 years of experience in administering progressively larger, more complex commercial projects including office product types.
- Reference ID:
Human Resources Generalist Ft. Lauderdale
Assist the HR Team with all facets of Human Resource Management, with an emphasis on benefits.Learn more or Apply
- Provides general HR and administrative support to the team
- Assists with employee onboarding
- Responsible for updating HR Handbook as needed
- Assists with personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Works with Payroll to ensure proper payments for PTO and FLSA
- Manages, records and audits PTO for all divisions, update reports for distribution and process reports for year-end accrual for CFO
- Maintain 20+ years of service additional vacation days for the company
- Acts as back-up for new hire backgrounds, drug screens, E-Verify and onboarding
- Coordinates safety training
- Ensures regulatory compliance by maintaining & auditing I-9 documents
- Organizes and maintains electronic scanning of personnel files and benefit records
- Oversees and responds to Unemployment claims, Verifications of Employment, and request for Letters of Employment
- Assists Risk Management in collection of employee data for WC claims
- Upkeeps HR SharePoint site for Employee Discounts and Birthday List
- Manages open enrollment and termination of employees in all benefit plans
- Maintains benefit vendor contacts to investigate & resolve questions regarding delivery of payment, discrepancies, and enrollment issues. Runs monthly auditing reports and ensure reconciliation of all benefit invoices including subsidiaries
- Generates benefits census reports
- Processes life insurance claims
- Coordinates wellness events and communications
- Assists with retirement plan committees and advisory board as appropriate
- Assists with retirement plan NDT testing, IRS reporting (5500) and ERISA compliance (404C, auditor's files etc.)
- Manages FMLA leave (notices, PTO and disability)
- Processes bi-weekly HR timesheets in a timely and accurate manner
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Some knowledge of how payroll and benefits interact required. Knowledge of HR and payroll compliance matters, including IRS, Garnishments, QDROs and Sec 125. Good communication skills a must with experience in composing company-wide communications. Experience with wellness programs a plus.
Must possess outstanding Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills. HH2 and Timberline experience preferred. Experience with BirdDog/Arcoro a plus.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Personal values that are aligned with Stiles Core Values. Common business sense and a grasp of the big picture. Diligent in staying abreast of regulatory changes. Approachable and friendly demeanor. Must be a quick learner and maintain strict confidentiality.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: SHRM-CP a plus.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Associate's Degree
- Minimum Experience: 3 years' experience in benefits and retirement plans.
- Reference ID: HR Gen
Stiles Architectural Group
Project Manager Ft. Lauderdale
To provide architectural services ranging from preliminary design through construction administration for multiple projects at one time. Representation of Stiles Architectural Group through contact with clients, outside business units and municipalities. Oversee production of work from in-house Project Assistants and coordinate with outside consultants.Learn more or Apply
- Develop programming and design concepts varying in complexity (ie site planning, building design and interior space planning).
- Development and preparation of construction documents (AutoCAD a must - Revit preferred) by self-development and direction and supervision of Project Assistants, and coordination of Consulting Engineers related work and drawings.
- Provide construction administration services including field inspection, drawing clarification, shop drawing review and product approval, permitting issues and coordination of issues between consultants.
- Administration of individual project; preparation of financial budgets, contract development and negotiations with client, contracting with consultants, approval of accounts payables.
- Conduct meetings and/or presentations with clients, Governmental agencies and personnel from other corporate divisions.
- Good working knowledge of Florida codes; zoning, building, life safety, etc.
Supervises production of construction documents via Project Assistants and Administrative Assistants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate computer utilizing the latest CADD or Revit software.
- Strong understanding of architectural design, development of Construction Documents and Construction Administration.
- Must understand construction methodologies and systems and have a basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems in a building.
Other Skills and Abilities
AutoCAD Release 2019 (minimum) is preferred. BIM/Revit experience is strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time at a CADD station. There is some standing and walking required for plotting purposes and coordinating with other corporate divisions. The employee must use hands to handle and feel tools with good hand/eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required are close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
There are occasions where lifting and/or moving items up to 40 lbs is required. These items include rolls of paper and file boxes. Access to filing drawings will require stooping or kneeling.
Field/site visits/inspections may require work in un-air-conditioned spaces, which may have high levels of dust and heat. Climbing a ladder to make roof inspections may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee regularly works in an air-conditioned office space. However, there are many occasions when the employee must work outside at field inspections or measuring in un-air-conditioned, dusty areas.
The employee will work around moving parts of the printer/plotter. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; distractions include telephone and conversation with other staff members from office or another Division.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Professional degree in Architecture (BS, B. Arch, M. Arch)
- Minimum Experience: 5 years professional commercial experience using CADD or Revit
- Reference ID: Arch PM
Preconstruction Coordinator Ft. Lauderdale
The Preconstruction Coordinator's role is to provide the knowledge, skills and experience required to assist the Preconstruction / Estimating department in pursuit of lump-sum, GMP and other forms of opportunities. PCC will primarily be responsible for setting up and maintaining preconstruction project records and documentation and distributing this information to all involved parties. The PCC is the face of Stiles sometimes is the first person that new subcontractor will meet and is therefore responsible for establishing a professional work environment by fostering a positive atmosphere and communicating effectively both internally and to subcontractors, Owners, and design professionals.Learn more or Apply
- Assist the preconstruction department with overall coordination of data, drawings, and events.
- Supports team with setting up meetings, corporate functions, and events.
- Updates all plan lists (project drawing sets) as they come in from the owners, architects, and engineers.
- Distributes through Smartbid bidding requirements and deadlines to subcontractors
- Responsible for setting up and managing Lunch and Learns and Breakfast Meet and Greets for the Preconstruction Department
- Assist, as necessary, in the production of information packages, proposals and RFP responses.
- Capable of establishing and nurturing longstanding relationships with industry professionals
- Organize entries for annual CASF Craftsmanship Awards.
- Acts as backup to Administrative Assistant to the President of Construction.
- Additional duties as directed by VP of Preconstruction
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Sharepoint. Familiarity with construction project management software such as Procore, Bluebeam Revu and Smartbid is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
The role requires a motivated "multi-tasker" who is able to maintain stability and positive attitude under pressure. A high percentage of the work is time sensitive and confidential. Good communication (both verbal and written) and organizational skills are required along with excellent follow-through skills. Must be detail oriented. The individual must be personable and approachable with a cheerful disposition.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Completion of high school education (or equivalent) required, professional training/degree (or equivalent) preferred plus a minimum some college preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum 2 years office experience at a General Contractor and/or within the construction management industry desired.
- Reference ID: PCC
Stiles Property Management
Station Maintenance Technician Palm Beach
The Maintenance Technician will support the Station Maintenance Manager in the day-to-day operation of the station and facilities by providing technical support on building systems, ensuring all systems are being maintained at the highest recommended level, overseeing construction and major repair projects, monitoring safety and assisting in any other physical operations of the stations. Responsible for coordinating and organizing maintenance support staff to perform required tasks to achieve operational goals in accordance with the Contract Documents.Learn more or Apply
- Must have extensive knowledge of HVAC systems, fire control, standby generator, security systems and all other related station equipment
- Extensive knowledge of LEED/green sustainable practices
- Perform this role with the highest professionalism, enforcing standards of conduct, policies with employees and sub-contractors
- Monitor the safety of the stations, report incidents with documentation and mitigate loss
- Initiate preventative maintenance programs along with tracking and scheduling tasks
- Input all required reports to the Maintenance Management System
- Supervise station maintenance personnel
- Plans weekly work schedule and assigns tasks
- Monitors inventory and purchases materials as needed
- Ensures contractors comply with contract specifications
- Performs work orders as assigned by management
- Monitors property condition and reports to Manager
- Responsible for all aspects of station operations including: Life Safety systems, lighting systems, HVAC system, elevator/escalator, generator system, plumbing and security systems and any other tasks that management deems necessary
- Supervise maintenance personnel, training, scheduling, safety procedures
- Committed to maintaining a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination
- Procures and evaluates proposals
- Provides training of roll-up and sliding doors, door hardware and lock maintenance
- Sets goals and objectives--short-term and long-term--for maintenance staff.
- Solicits bids in accordance with procurement requirements.
- Oversees preparation of reports, such as statistical and data analysis reports.
- Performs and oversees the daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operational tasks required in the Contract Documents
- Type: Full-time
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 2-4 years
- Reference ID: Station Maint Tech
Administrative Assistant Ft. Lauderdale
Provides assistance to the Property Manager and in all administrative aspects of building management including A/P, A/R, typing, filing, telephone coverage, report completion and projects as assigned. Serves as liaison between property, regional and corporate office, vendors and tenants.Learn more or Apply
- Answer all incoming telephone lines. Ensure that phones are tended to by 8:00 am each morning and forwarded at 5:00 pm each evening.
- Determine urgency and respond to all inquiries/requests promptly. Prepare work order requests and dispatch promptly. Track completion and follow-up on open work order requests daily and report findings of any chronic unresolved service requests to Property Manager.
- Greet office visitors in a friendly and professional manner, offer visitors refreshments, and maintain receptionist desk, reception area, kitchen, copy room and conference room in a neat and organized manner.
- Open and stamp all incoming mail and distribute accordingly daily. Handle all outgoing mail.
- Coordinate maintenance service for all office equipment, order and maintain office supply inventory, and maintain postage meter.
- Initiate tenant notifications of all building activities, initiate security notifications of events requiring security assistance.
- Coordinate tenant parties and Christmas decorations.
- Order tenant signage, update web directory.
- Prepare monthly tenant invoices to include credits, write-offs, and miscellaneous billings (i.e., electrical, OT HVAC, building services, late fees, etc.) and forward copies of all invoices to Accountant in charge of property promptly.
- Code all incoming invoices timely and submit to Assistant Property Manager for processing.
- Ensure all tenant and vendor certificate of insurance are updated and filed in accordance with the Stiles Management standards. Utilize a tickler system to maintain and record certificates. Send reminder letters and make phone calls as necessary and update expiration dates in Vendor Insurance Spreadsheet.
- Provide assistance to the Property Manager in preparation of budget and business plan as necessary.
- Maintain property management filing system, lease files, a/p files, construction files, vendor contract files in a current and organized fashion.
- Maintain the Building Access Card System data base in a current and organized fashion. All access card activations, deactivations or changes need to be completed on a daily basis. Create an invoice for every new card that is issued and provide the parking vendor with a copy of all access card invoices to enable them to track all monies due. Update the Access Card List as needed and submit updated copies to the security guards and to the garage cashiers.
- In general, perform administrative duties as required for the Property Manager.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Property Manager, Senior Engineer and Regional or Corporate offices.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Associate's Degree
- Minimum Experience: 5 years'
- Reference ID: Admin - Main
Stiles Residential Group
Senior Development Manager Carolinas
Plan, analyze and execute the development of complex multifamily residential projects (which may have adjacent or integrated mixed-use/retail components) and ensure maximum economic return to the Company, Owners, and Investors.Learn more or Apply
- Assist in identifying new development opportunities.
- Assist with the visioning and programming of product type, target market, design, and feasibility.
- Research and comprehend site entitlements, regulatory requirements, and coordinate implementation into the project.
- Facilitate the negotiation of land purchase (or sale) agreements, ground or property leases.
- Coordinate and review all due diligence related items including but not limited to boundary surveys and title, zoning/land use and governmental-related matters, geotechnical and environmental reports, Restrictive Covenants and Association Documents.
- Prepare project budget and project schedule, including detailed costs and return financial feasibility analysis.
- Prepare and manage the project timeline and all professionals necessary to obtain governmental approvals and sequencing of events from initial site plan submittal to obtaining all entitlements, submitting for and obtaining building permits and obtaining Certificate(s) of Occupancy.
- Represent the ownership in negotiating and administering contracts with third-party professionals and contractors, including but not limited to architects, engineers, attorneys, and General Contractor to design and construct the project in a cost-effective, timely and quality manner.
- Coordinate all team members (Architecture/Engineering, Construction, Leasing, Property Management and Asset Management) to ensure timely delivery of project in accordance with project pro forma/project budget.
- In conjunction with the Owner's Construction Manager, facilitate construction pricing from ballpark estimates through GMP contract bid.
- Coordinate construction of the project through a final Certificate of Occupancy including close out to turn over to Asset Management team.
- Review and process all monthly requisitions for payment.
- Prepare monthly partnership reports including monthly progress and variance reports in coordination with accounting department.
- Perform research on general commercial real estate matters and monitors trends within the industry and municipality.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local trade organizations, civic organizations, contractors and related industry professionals to enhance and grow the multifamily business platform in the Carolinas.
Position may require the direct supervision of one or more managers and administrative staff, in addition to overseeing numerous third-party consultants and contractors engaged on the project. Supervision entails the planning, assignment, direction, monitoring and evaluation of work assignments and product and quality.
Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Project, and Word.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong leadership, collaboration, and coordination skills, as well as the ability to work and thrive in a team environment. Organizational skills and system to track and execute project-related tasks and processes on large projects is critical. Strong analytical skills preferred.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Four-year college degree; MSRE or equivalent degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in administering institutional-sized garden, mid-rise and/or high-rise multifamily residential projects.
- Reference ID: VPDev