Stiles Architectural Group
Project Manager Ft. Lauderdale
To provide architectural services ranging from preliminary design through construction administration for multiple projects at one time. Representation of Stiles Architectural Group through contact with clients, outside business units and municipalities. Oversee production of work from in-house Project Assistants and coordinate with outside consultants.Learn more or Apply
- Develop programming and design concepts varying in complexity (ie site planning, building design and interior space planning).
- Development and preparation of construction documents (AutoCAD a must - Revit preferred) by self-development and direction and supervision of Project Assistants, and coordination of Consulting Engineers related work and drawings.
- Provide construction administration services including field inspection, drawing clarification, shop drawing review and product approval, permitting issues and coordination of issues between consultants.
- Administration of individual project; preparation of financial budgets, contract development and negotiations with client, contracting with consultants, approval of accounts payables.
- Conduct meetings and/or presentations with clients, Governmental agencies and personnel from other corporate divisions.
- Good working knowledge of Florida codes; zoning, building, life safety, etc.
Supervises production of construction documents via Project Assistants and Administrative Assistants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate computer utilizing the latest CADD or Revit software.
- Strong understanding of architectural design, development of Construction Documents and Construction Administration.
- Must understand construction methodologies and systems and have a basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems in a building.
Other Skills and Abilities
AutoCAD Release 2019 (minimum) is preferred. BIM/Revit experience is strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time at a CADD station. There is some standing and walking required for plotting purposes and coordinating with other corporate divisions. The employee must use hands to handle and feel tools with good hand/eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required are close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
There are occasions where lifting and/or moving items up to 40 lbs is required. These items include rolls of paper and file boxes. Access to filing drawings will require stooping or kneeling.
Field/site visits/inspections may require work in un-air-conditioned spaces, which may have high levels of dust and heat. Climbing a ladder to make roof inspections may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee regularly works in an air-conditioned office space. However, there are many occasions when the employee must work outside at field inspections or measuring in un-air-conditioned, dusty areas.
The employee will work around moving parts of the printer/plotter. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; distractions include telephone and conversation with other staff members from office or another Division.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Professional degree in Architecture (BS, B. Arch, M. Arch)
- Minimum Experience: 7 years professional commercial experience using CADD or Revit
- Reference ID: Arch PM