Stiles Residential Group
Senior Development Manager Carolinas
Plan, analyze and execute the development of complex multifamily residential projects (which may have adjacent or integrated mixed-use/retail components) and ensure maximum economic return to the Company, Owners, and Investors.Learn more or Apply
- Assist in identifying new development opportunities.
- Assist with the visioning and programming of product type, target market, design, and feasibility.
- Research and comprehend site entitlements, regulatory requirements, and coordinate implementation into the project.
- Facilitate the negotiation of land purchase (or sale) agreements, ground or property leases.
- Coordinate and review all due diligence related items including but not limited to boundary surveys and title, zoning/land use and governmental-related matters, geotechnical and environmental reports, Restrictive Covenants and Association Documents.
- Prepare project budget and project schedule, including detailed costs and return financial feasibility analysis.
- Prepare and manage the project timeline and all professionals necessary to obtain governmental approvals and sequencing of events from initial site plan submittal to obtaining all entitlements, submitting for and obtaining building permits and obtaining Certificate(s) of Occupancy.
- Represent the ownership in negotiating and administering contracts with third-party professionals and contractors, including but not limited to architects, engineers, attorneys, and General Contractor to design and construct the project in a cost-effective, timely and quality manner.
- Coordinate all team members (Architecture/Engineering, Construction, Leasing, Property Management and Asset Management) to ensure timely delivery of project in accordance with project pro forma/project budget.
- In conjunction with the Owner's Construction Manager, facilitate construction pricing from ballpark estimates through GMP contract bid.
- Coordinate construction of the project through a final Certificate of Occupancy including close out to turn over to Asset Management team.
- Review and process all monthly requisitions for payment.
- Prepare monthly partnership reports including monthly progress and variance reports in coordination with accounting department.
- Perform research on general commercial real estate matters and monitors trends within the industry and municipality.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local trade organizations, civic organizations, contractors and related industry professionals to enhance and grow the multifamily business platform in the Carolinas.
Position may require the direct supervision of one or more managers and administrative staff, in addition to overseeing numerous third-party consultants and contractors engaged on the project. Supervision entails the planning, assignment, direction, monitoring and evaluation of work assignments and product and quality.
Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Project, and Word.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong leadership, collaboration, and coordination skills, as well as the ability to work and thrive in a team environment. Organizational skills and system to track and execute project-related tasks and processes on large projects is critical. Strong analytical skills preferred.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Four-year college degree; MSRE or equivalent degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in administering institutional-sized garden, mid-rise and/or high-rise multifamily residential projects.
- Reference ID: VPDev