Benefits Specialist Ft. Lauderdale
Assist the HR Team with all facets of Human Resource Management, with an emphasis on benefits.Learn more or Apply
- Provides general HR and administrative support to the team
- Assists with employee onboarding
- Responsible for updating HR Handbook as needed
- Assists with personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Works with Payroll to ensure proper payments for PTO and FLSA
- Manages, records and audits PTO for all divisions, update reports for distribution and process reports for year-end accrual for CFO
- Maintain 20+ years of service additional vacation days for the company
- Acts as back-up for new hire backgrounds, drug screens, E-Verify and onboarding
- Coordinates safety training
- Ensures regulatory compliance by maintaining & auditing I-9 documents
- Organizes and maintains electronic scanning of personnel files and benefit records
- Oversees and responds to Unemployment claims, Verifications of Employment, and request for Letters of Employment
- Assists Risk Management in collection of employee data for WC claims
- Upkeeps HR SharePoint site for Employee Discounts and Birthday List
- Manages open enrollment and termination of employees in all benefit plans
- Maintains benefit vendor contacts to investigate & resolve questions regarding delivery of payment, discrepancies, and enrollment issues. Runs monthly auditing reports and ensure reconciliation of all benefit invoices including subsidiaries
- Generates benefits census reports
- Processes life insurance claims
- Coordinates wellness events and communications
- Assists with retirement plan committees and advisory board as appropriate
- Assists with retirement plan NDT testing, IRS reporting (5500) and ERISA compliance (404C, auditor's files etc.)
- Manages FMLA leave (notices, PTO and disability)
- Processes bi-weekly HR timesheets in a timely and accurate manner
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Some knowledge of how payroll and benefits interact required. Knowledge of HR and payroll compliance matters, including IRS, Garnishments, QDROs and Sec 125. Good communication skills a must with experience in composing company-wide communications. Experience with wellness programs a plus.
Must possess outstanding Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills. HH2 and Timberline experience preferred. Experience with BirdDog/Arcoro a plus.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Personal values that are aligned with Stiles Core Values. Common business sense and a grasp of the big picture. Diligent in staying abreast of regulatory changes. Approachable and friendly demeanor. Must be a quick learner and maintain strict confidentiality.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: SHRM-CP a plus.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Associate's Degree
- Minimum Experience: 3 years' experience in benefits and retirement plans.
- Reference ID: HR Gen