Stiles Architectural Group
Project Manager Ft. Lauderdale
To provide architectural services ranging from preliminary design through construction administration for multiple projects at one time. Representation of Stiles Architectural Group through contact with clients, outside business units and municipalities. Oversee production of work from in-house Project Assistants and coordinate with outside consultants.Learn more or Apply
- Develop programming and design concepts varying in complexity (ie site planning, building design and interior space planning).
- Development and preparation of construction documents (AutoCAD a must - Revit preferred) by self-development and direction and supervision of Project Assistants, and coordination of Consulting Engineers related work and drawings.
- Provide construction administration services including field inspection, drawing clarification, shop drawing review and product approval, permitting issues and coordination of issues between consultants.
- Administration of individual project; preparation of financial budgets, contract development and negotiations with client, contracting with consultants, approval of accounts payables.
- Conduct meetings and/or presentations with clients, Governmental agencies and personnel from other corporate divisions.
- Good working knowledge of Florida codes; zoning, building, life safety, etc.
Supervises production of construction documents via Project Assistants and Administrative Assistants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate computer utilizing the latest CADD or Revit software.
- Strong understanding of architectural design, development of Construction Documents and Construction Administration.
- Must understand construction methodologies and systems and have a basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems in a building.
Other Skills and Abilities
AutoCAD Release 2019 (minimum) is preferred. BIM/Revit experience is strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time at a CADD station. There is some standing and walking required for plotting purposes and coordinating with other corporate divisions. The employee must use hands to handle and feel tools with good hand/eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required are close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
There are occasions where lifting and/or moving items up to 40 lbs is required. These items include rolls of paper and file boxes. Access to filing drawings will require stooping or kneeling.
Field/site visits/inspections may require work in un-air-conditioned spaces, which may have high levels of dust and heat. Climbing a ladder to make roof inspections may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee regularly works in an air-conditioned office space. However, there are many occasions when the employee must work outside at field inspections or measuring in un-air-conditioned, dusty areas.
The employee will work around moving parts of the printer/plotter. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; distractions include telephone and conversation with other staff members from office or another Division.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Professional degree in Architecture (BS, B. Arch, M. Arch)
- Minimum Experience: 5 years professional commercial experience using CADD or Revit
- Reference ID: Arch PM
Project Manager Ft. Lauderdale
Overall management responsibility for projects of any size and complexity. Manages scheduling, cost, subcontract submittals and keeps all pertinent records to ensure a profitable and "on-time" project delivery.
- Review contract documents for compliance.
- Obtain approval of subcontractor shop drawings.
- Monitor job schedules and budgets.
- Coordination of subcontractors.
- Update job schedules and cost reports.
- Preparation of monthly requisitions to Owners.
- Processing of subcontractor invoices/bills.
- Preparation of estimates for change orders for both Owner and subcontractors.
- Complete knowledge of all project documentation.
- Interprets and applies policies, especially safety rules and regulations.
- Obtaining building permits.
- Interface and communicate with the Architect, Engineer and Owner as requested by supervisor.
- Obtaining project close-out documentation.
May supervise other project managers, assistant project managers or project engineers.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Leadership skills
- Collaborative; a real team player
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Education or equivalent training, typically found in four-year college degree or certification programs and 6 years' experience; or 10 years related experience
- Minimum Experience: 6 years
- Reference ID: ProjMgr
Stiles Retail Group
Retail Acquisitions Associate Ft. Lauderdale
This position will provide market research, assist in Site Selection, and general development and redevelopment support and analysis. It supports and is based at the Stiles Ft. Lauderdale headquarters.Learn more or Apply
• Track the top major national retailers operating in targeted Florida markets.
• Identify voids throughout Florida for development & redevelopments opportunities (i.e. shopping center sites or build to suits).
• Maintain and develop a contact list of property owners and joint venture development partners.
• Driving (markets, sites, etc.) in Florida will be approximately 50% of work time.
• Assist in the evaluation of both the feasibility and profitability of retail investment opportunities.
• Assist in evaluating project feasibility, including proforma creation and ARGUS analysis.
• Performs preliminary due diligence as required.
• Assist in assembling and producing project approval packages for presentation.
• Maintain on-going current market knowledge.
• High initiative and proactive.
• Collaborative and a team player.
• Highly organized with attention to details.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office), including excel proficiency.
• Knowledge of ARGUS.
• Strong work ethic and desire to produce a high-quality work product.
• Quick learner
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Real Estate, Economics or Finance
- Minimum Experience: Leasing or Tenant Rep background, &/or knowledge of local RE markets a plus
- Reference ID:
Stiles Tenant Project Management
Tenant Improvement Project Manager Ft. Lauderdale
Plan, budget, direct, coordinate, and manage activities concerned with the design, permitting and construction of tenant improvements, and alterations of commercial interior and exterior common areas.Learn more or Apply
- Organize and participate in the preliminary planning and formulation of design alternatives with Owners Architects for lease prospects, lease exhibits and existing property improvements.
- Develop preliminary project budgets and critical path schedules to assist Owners agents in reaching the goals necessary for lease prospects, lease exhibits and existing property improvements.
- Manage the direction and execution of multiple construction projects.
Review and approve preliminary and final construction documents.
- Assemble permit plans, prepare permit forms for processing, coordinate the submittal package and monitor plan approval process.
- Obtain and analyze competitive bids and prepare final price documentation for Owner approval.
- Negotiates awards, executes and administers Construction and Design professional contracts. Additionally, negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Administer project budgets, fiscal controls, and requisition the responsible party in accordance with Lease documents.
- Provide and enforce building procedures for all contractors including sub-contractors including but not limited to hours of operations, attire, waste removal, construction procedures, etc.
- Confer with owners, contractors, building departments and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Conduct necessary site visits and reports, monitor project quality control, and approve construction applications for payment.
- Coordinate with Owners / Tenants vendors during construction and assist with occupancy and relocation per the Contract / Lease document.
- Secure project construction close out documentation, as-built documents, list of finishes and sub-contractors and prepare final project reconciliation.
- Understands and look for life cycle cost-effective ways to embrace and implement LEED sustainability in assigned construction projects as required or directed.
- Prepare and administer building rules and regulations as it relates to Tenant Improvements and commercial alterations and OSHA Guidelines.
Position is responsible for the indirect supervision and coordination of and between Design professionals, Contractors, sub-contractors, Property Management, Asset Management and leasing personnel.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent or a minimum of three years' experience in construction project management or related job experience, or a combination thereof. Complete OSHA 10 hour Occupational Safety and Health Training Course in Construction Safety & Health every 3 years of service.
- Type: Full-time
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years
- Reference ID: TI PM